Sunday, November 24, 2013

Interview 1 Transcribed



E - Myself
N - College Student

E: I would like to ask you a few questions. This is pertaining to finding out students study habits, so I would like to ask you a few questions. So let’s 1st start off, do you see yourself as a writer or test-taker?

N: Do I have to pick either one?

E: Whatever is your preference.

N: Umm….I would have to pick a writer.

E: A writer? Ok…want to elaborate on that or no?

N: Umm…with writing I can go back over and check it. With test taking I feel pressured into finding an answer.

E: Ok (Chuckles)…so how often do you study prior to an exam.

N: Umm..at least a couple of days beforehand.

E: Couple of days?

N: Yeah.

E: Ok…so when do you prefer to take your test whether the morning, afternoon, or at night?

N: Afternoon.

E: Afternoon?

N: (Nods)

E: Alrighty…do you normally eat or snack before a test?

N: If I already ate I don’t need to snack beforehand. If it’s in the morning I’ll try to eat before class.

E: Ok. So what if it was the afternoon?

N: Hopefully I’ll grab lunch. So….

(Both laughs)

E: Do you cram for tests?

N: No that’s terrible!

E: (Laughs) Do you find it effective?

N: No I find it defective, the total opposite.

E: (Laughs) That’s funny…I try not to cram.

N: Yeah..

E: Alright, what are your opinions on papers?

N: Some teachers like to kill you with 20 page papers so…like I don’t mind doing them especially if it’s a topic I enjoy.

E: Ok. So do you usually get your paper over with or wait til the last minute? (Chuckles)

N: I try to space it out, I don’t do it all in one day right beforehand.

E: Oh yeah? Have you ever had last minute papers?

N: Yeah I hate when I have to get in the day before it’s due. It’s terrible.

E: So do you ask people to critique your papers before submitting?

N: To read beforehand? 

E: Yeah.

N: I have a roommate, she’s a English major so……

E: Okay…so how long do you think it takes for you to finish a 3 to 5 page paper?

N: Whew…like..

E: Well average…. for most of these classes.

N: Well with my schedule now I have so many classes it takes me about…maybe 2 days just to like…many 2 days just to do it and get it done.

E: Last one…any comments or advice you would like to give?

N: No cramming!

(Both laughs)

N: You’ll be taking that class again.

E: That’s it or you got more?

N: That’s about it.

E: Alright thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

N: No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment